I am contracted provider with:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield or Oregon and Washington
- Premera, Anthem, Bridgespan
- United Healthcare
- First Choice Health
- Life Wise
- Pacific Source
Out of network billing available.
Not all insurance plans cover nutrition, but many do. We encourage families to call their insurance company and ask if they have benefits for nutrition counseling, CPT code 97802/97803. Ask if there are any restricted diagnosis if you have a deductible to meet before insurance coverage and if a referral is required. Ultimately it’s up to the client to know their plan’s benefits and will be responsible for payment. Click here for an instruction sheet on verifying benefits.
Nutrition Therapy Fees:
If you want Portland Pediatric Nutrition to bill your insurance, they will be billed at the contracted rate ($47/15 minute unit).
Self-pay rate (at the time of service):
Initial Consultation (70 minutes): At this session, we will review medical records and intake forms received, conduct a more detailed interview to get to know you or your child’s nutrition needs and provide initial recommendations. $150
Initial Lactation Consultation (90 minutes): $165 (additional $10/additional baby)
At this session challenges that can be addressed include getting baby to latch, nursing pain, feeding multiples, increasing breast milk supply or preparing to return to work. Jessica Hazen, a maternal nutrition dietitian, and board-certified lactation specialist can provide the nutrition and lactation support for all new Moms.
- Regular Follow-up: 50-55 minutes: $115
- Follow-up Brief: 25-30 minutes: $75 (Reserved for established clients that require more frequent shorter visits).
Virtual Nutrition Therapy:
- Initial session (60 minutes): $125
- Follow-up session (30 minutes) $75
Self-pay packages available for additional savings, please ask. Insurance will be billed at contracted rates ($47/15 minute unit).
MRT testing sold as a package with LEAP nutrition consults, please contact me or set up a phone consult to discuss if MRT testing + LEAP can help you.
Spectracell Micronutrient Testing: $245
This comprehensive blood test will analyze 35 vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids at the cell level vs. blood serum level to provide the most accurate information on nutrient levels at the cell. This test is ideal for ADHD, Pre-conception, PCOS, ARFID, Migraines, Anxiety/Depression, Chronic fatigue and any other condition where micronutrient deficiencies are likely. The price shown reflects client’s cost (co-pay) when billed to insurance. It doesn’t include the cost of nutrition appointment to review results and treatment plan.
Family Nutrition Program-EATS: $652
Includes the initial nutrition consult (70 min) and 5 follow-ups (45-60 min) visits. The 6 months EATS program is offered at a package discount of 10% below self-pay individual session rate. Insurance often will cover and we will be glad to verify your benefits. Web conferencing sessions available.
Mother’s Nutrition Package: $365 (15% discount)
Includes initial nutrition consult and initial lactation consult and an additional 1-hour follow-up visit. This is a 3-visit package to be scheduled with Jessica for maternal nutrition.
- All fees are payable at the time of the session unless other arrangements have been made.
- If we are billing insurance and the claim goes toward the deductible, the client is responsible for the rate that goes toward the deductible.
- For an appointment canceled less than 24 hours in advance, there is a $50 fee not payable by insurance, which must be paid before scheduling your next appointment. For appointments missed or canceled within 2 hours of the appointment, there is a $75 fee. This policy is in place to ensure that clients needing to be seen can be since it is difficult to fill spots with short notice and that I have a reliable income.
- Portland Pediatric & Family Nutrition follows Portland Public School snow day policy. If school is closed, Portland Pediatric & Family Nutrition will be closed and appointments rescheduled unless other arrangements had been made.