Here are some great books for parents on feeding children and promoting positive body image.
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family, Ellyn Satter, MS, RDN
- Child of Mine, Feeding with Love and Good Sense, Ellyn Satter, MS, RDN
- Your Child’s Weight, Helping Without Harm, Ellyn Satter, MS, RDN
- Fearless Feeding, Jill Castle, RD & MaryAnn Jacobsen, RD
- Intuitive Eating, Tribole, MS, RD & Resch, MS, RDN
- Health at Every Size, Linda Bacon, PhD.
- Helping Your Child with Extreme Picky Eating, Katja Rowell, MD
- How to Raise a Mindful Eater, Maryann Jacobsen, MS, RD
- Savvy Girl, A Guide to Eating, by Sumner Brooks, MPH, RDN, CSSD and Brittany Deal.
For families to get out and get active:
- Family activities: www.hikeitbaby.com
- Great family bike rides: www.portlandoregon.gov
- Great places to take kids outdoors: www.thingstodoinportland.org
- Guide to great indoor pools: redtri.com
For Feeding Advice:
- Ellyn Satter: www.ellynsatterinstitute.org
- The Feeding Doctor: www.thefeedingdoctor.com
- Celiac Disease: www.cureceliacdisease.org
- Family meal planning: www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups